Evaluating a New Exercise
These are the guidelines for evaluating primers and exercises:
- Does the exercise follow the standard layout?
- Is the objective clearly stated at the beginning?
- Is the objective interesting?
- Is it measurable - can someone say at the end, "Yes, I got that"?
- Is the stated topic covered adequately?
- Are adequate examples given?
- Is the exercise understandable?
- Is it interesting?
- Does the exercise provide adequate practice in this tool?
- Try it. Is it doable?
- Can the results of the exercise be critiqued?
- Do the critique guidelines focus attention on the theory elements
of the exercise, and make the critique itself a further lesson?
- Are there other standards that could be used for the critique?